REACH THE $442 MILLION CMU MARKET
WHY IS THIS MARKET IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUSINESS?
- 97% of CMU students make all of their purchases off campus
- 90% of CMU students have checking accounts
- 90% of CMU students own a computer
- 95% of CMU students carry a cell phone
- 75% of CMU students work during the school year
- 75% of CMU students own a vehicle
- 73% of CMU students purchase meals off campus
- 70% of CMU students have 1-3 credit cards
- 57% of CMU students are over 22 years old
- 43% of CMU students are 18-21
WHAT WILL CMU STUDENTS SPEND THEIR MONIES ON THIS YEAR?
- $21.2 Million on groceries. Averaging 4.7 trips to the store each month.
- $13.4 Million on gas, auto repair and maintenance each year.
- $12.7 Million at local eateries. CMU students will average 5.2 trips monthly to their favorite places.
- $5.8 Million on alcoholic purchases annually.
- $5.3 Million on clothes and shoes each year.
- $4.2 Million on personal care products during the year.
- $3.2 Million on movies, DVDs, music and video games annually.
WHO READS CENTRAL MICHIGAN LIFE?
The better question might be "Who doesn't?" Central Michigan Life is right at the heart of CMU and is the most read news source of the student body, faculty and staff. It is also the favorite newspaper in our local community. The print edition is distributed for FREE every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on campus and throughout the Mount Pleasant community. Digital version can be downloaded any time from www.cm-life.com.
CLICK HERE to see what our readers have to say.
Sources: re-Fuel College Explorer Survey October 2011; MSSMedia.com 2011 Overview of the College Market; The Morning Sun, Michigan Report on CMU economic impact study, February 22, 2009; MORI Research/Alloy Media & Marketing College Newspaper Audience Study, 2009; Scarborough Research, NNN Study 2010.